
Congratulations on completing your first live session! Now let's unpack and reflect on a few things.
Here are five questions you should ask yourself after you have facilitated your first live session, but prior to your second live session.
What did I learn about each student? Do we need to spend additional time on student introductions?
Did the Zoom functions we used in the last session contribute to our learning objectives? What other Zoom functions should I use in the next session?
Did we use the first 5 minutes and last 5 minutes of the live session effectively? How will I use that time differently in the next session?
What do I need to change about how I prepare for live sessions given what I learned about my students and my capabilities with the classroom?
What about my physical environment (location, lighting, sound, pet/family distractions, technology, etc.) do I need to adjust?
Keep in mind, none of these questions have absolute correct answers. They are tailored for you to reflect on what works best for you in your specific context.
Further Resources:
- First Live Session Preparation Checklist
- First Live Session Preparation Guide
- First Live Session: Setting Expectations
- Suggested Questions for Student Engagement
Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for your input!